"‘Be the change you want to see in the world’ was the challenge of the Google Academy 2012 to participants. This session provides a case study showing how primary children can lead this change using a project based approach to learning powered by the technology of Google Apps. The session is aimed at primary practitioners who want practical ideas and examples of how a range of Google Apps from Docs, Search and Ngram to Maps, Earth and Sites can be used to:
• accelerate children’s learning
• develop their understanding of what it means to be a global citizen
• provide pupils with opportunities to make a positive contribution to the environment.
"Awards & Case Study:
• 2010 Microsoft Innovative Teacher Award for Towards a Community of Enquiry (http://bit.ly/9Kp03W)
• 2010: RM Success Award (http://bit.ly/m9vCFN)
• 2011: RM Primary school – Year 4 case study (http://bit.ly/IhEUVn)
• Google Certified Teacher in April 2012 (video link: http://bit.ly/yRAIef)"